WHERE WILL MY SESSION TAKE PLACE?
- I’m an on location photographer so I’ll come to you! I have studio equipment I can bring with me for more formal portraits and head-shots. I’m more than happy to travel to the destination of your choice!
I’M INTERESTED IN BOOKING YOU, WHAT’S NEXT?
- Great! Please use this form to contact me and I’ll be sure to contact you back as soon as possible. Consultations are always free.
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
- Almost all forms of payment. Cash, Money Orders, Check, Credit Cards, and Debit Cards. Checks should be made out to Anamedia.
DO YOU HAVE PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE?
- Of course! Payment plans can be arranged on a case by case basis. I understand photography can be a big investment. I want you to be able to afford the photography of your dreams! We can discuss any payment questions you have during your free consultation.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR FOR MY PORTRAIT SESSION?
First and foremost I want you to be comfortable for your session. My best advice is to wear something that feels “you” and not try to totally reinvent your style for your session. While I’m not a big fan on rules when it comes to personal style, here are some tips:
- Avoid being completely “matchy-matchy” in group shots. Use contrasting colors and tone on tone colors to your benefit.
- For group shots, a helpful rule is to stick to a color palette of three to four colors for people in your photos to pick from. It’ll keep the look cohesive without feeling dated. For inspiration, visit my Pinterest Page.
- Bring a few different changes of outfits so you’ll have some options! Shooting on location you don’t want to be stuck with what you’ve got on if it’s not working for the shot!
- Limit patterned clothing. If you’re doing a piece of clothing with a bold pattern I would try and make sure there’s a 1:1 ration of patterned clothing to plain clothing. It can help make the photo more balanced.
- If your style is loud, crazy, or bright, throw out all the above referenced rules and just be you!
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO POSE!
- Don’t worry! That’s part of my job as the photographer to get you into a pose that flatters and makes you look great! If you have a pose in particular you really like, mention it in your consultation.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE SHOULD I BOOK MY PHOTOGRAPHER?
- The sooner the better! Once you find a photographer, let them know your dates ASAP so you can be sure the booking is set. Many people schedule their photographer a year in advance. If your wedding is quickly approaching and you still need coverage contact me here to see if I have any openings.
WILL YOU HOLD A DATE FOR MY WEDDING?
- To hold a date, a retainer fee must be paid based on a percentage of your wedding package. The retainer will go towards the price of the package.
HOW MUCH SHOULD I BUDGET FOR MY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER?
- I would say you need to budget at least $2,500, which is where medium wedding package starts. The “Gold Package” provides very thorough coverage with myself and a professional second shooter. I understand that this is a decent amount of money, and may be one of the largest parts of your wedding budget. It’s good to remember that your photos are the one thing you’ll take with you from your wedding (besides your wonderful new spouse)! Having high quality photos will preserve all the wonderful memories after, and are treasured even after your gone. I know I love looking at my great grandparents wedding photos, it’s part of their legacy. If $2,500 is just too high, I do offer a budget package that starts at $1,800 so you can still get the quality work, minus some amenities, without breaking the bank.
IS A WEEKDAY OR WEEKEND CHEAPER?
- As far as photography goes, the day on which you have the wedding will not affect your price.
CAN YOU PHOTOSHOP OUT MY X, Y AND Z FROM MY WEDDING PHOTOS?
- All wedding packages come with a professional retouching where skin is evened out, and blemishes are removed. In your free consultation we can talk about any other insecurities you might have and ways to minimize them via photography and Photoshop. Most retouching requests can be honored as part of your package. Drastic retouching (I.E. changing major features, extreme acne, removal of people from images, etc.) are offered as an a la carte option to be added to your wedding package. This can be done post wedding as well.
ARE YOU WILLING TO TRAVEL FOR MY WEDDING?
- Willing, most definitely! Contact me to see if I am able to shoot your wedding.
DO I NEED TO MAKE A SHOT LIST?
- Shot lists can be very helpful figuring out when and where you need family members and what aspects of the day are most important to you. I cannot guarantee every shot you want, but will try my best. Shot lists are not necessary.
DO I HAVE TO HAVE FORMAL PORTRAITS OR GROUP SHOTS TAKEN?
- Not if you don’t want them! It’s your wedding, do what feels right to you!
WILL YOU PHOTOGRAPH MY NON-TRADITIONAL/NON-WESTERN/SAME SEX WEDDING OR COMMITMENT CEREMONY?
- I’d love to! Whatever your love looks like, I want you to have wonderful photos!
Please feel free to contact us with any more questions